Following up his Oscar win earlier this year for Quentin Tarantino‘s The Hateful Eight, the legendary composer Ennio Morricone seems to be as busy as ever. Ahead of his 88th birthday this fall, he’s currently on tour and on the same day that we’ll hear his new score for Terrence Malick‘s Voyage of Time, he’s set to release a new album.
The composer has signed a new record deal with Decca Records and the first album to be released is Morricone 60, which celebrates his six decades of work. Featuring a selection of new recordings with Czech National Symphony Orchestra, it includes themes from his Sergio Leone films, The Mission, Cinema Paradiso, and more, as well as his recent Oscar-winning work.
“After the success of The Hateful Eight score, I’m delighted to be returning to Decca with my own record deal – an extraordinary moment in my 60th professional anniversary year,” Morricone said. “It’s been a wonderful experience to be able to conduct my scores and to record these with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra. The quality of their performance of my work is truly outstanding.”
See the tracklist below.
1. The Man with the Harmonica (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
2. The Fortress (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
3. The Good the Bad and the Ugly – Main theme (from the film)
4. Jill’s Theme (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
5. A Fistful of Dynamite (from the film with the same name)
6. The Ecstasy of Gold (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
7. Gabriel’s Oboe (from The Mission)
8. Falls (from The Mission)
9. On Earth as it is in Heaven (from The Mission)
10. Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
11. Abolisson (from Quemada)
12. Chi Mai
14. Metti una Sera a Cena (from the film)
15. Croce d’Amore (from Metti una Sera a Cena)
16. Deborah’s Theme (from Once Upon a Time in America)
17. Stage Coach to Red Rock (from The Hateful Eight)
18. Bestiality (from The Hateful Eight)