Update: See the new trailer here.
One of the most vital elements of Joel and Ethan Coen‘s upcoming Inside Llewyn Davis is the soundtrack. After working together on O Brother, Where Art Thou? and The Ladykillers, the Coens once again reteamed with T-Bone Burnett to help them produce a varied selection of folk cover songs. While at Cannes Film Festival, we got word that we may see a live tour from the cast, but today official details have arrived regarding the soundtrack.
Set for a release by Nonesuch Records in September, the score features fourteen tracks, four of which are new recordings (i.e. mostly covers) for the film. Also including songs from Dave Van Ronk, there’s a previously unreleased track from Bob Dylan, recorded during his sessions creating The Times They Are A-Changin’ and much more. With a bulk coming from Collider, we’ve rounded up different versions of all the tracks, some including live takes from producer Marcus Mumford, as well as original songs that will covered.
Check out the full rundown below and see our Cannes review of the film:
1. “Hang Me, Oh Hang Me” (Traditional; Arranged by T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
2. “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song)” (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac
3. “The Last Thing on My Mind” (Tom Paxton) – Stark Sands
4. “Five Hundred Miles” (Hedy West) – Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan and Stark Sands
5. “Please Mr. Kennedy” (Ed Rush, George Cromarty, T Bone Burnett, Justin Timberlake, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen) – Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Adam Driver
6. “Green, Green Rocky Road” (Len Chandler and Robert Kaufman) – Oscar Isaac
7. “The Death of Queen Jane” (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
8. “The Roving Gambler” (Traditional) – John Cohen with the Down Hill Strugglers
9. “The Shoals of Herring” (Ewan MacColl) – Oscar Isaac
10. “The Auld Triangle” (Brendan Behan) – Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Marcus Mumford, Justin Timberlake and Gabe Witcher
11. “The Storms Are on the Ocean” (A.P. Carter) – Nancy Blake
12. “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song) (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
13. “Farewell” (Bob Dylan) – Bob Dylan
14. “Green, Green Rocky Road” (Len Chandler and Robert Kaufman) – Dave Van Ronk
Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack is released on September 17th, ahead of a December 6th release.
Every week we dive into the cream of the crop when it comes to home releases, including Blu-ray and DVDs, as well as recommended deals of the week. Check out our rundown below and return every Tuesday for the best (or most interesting) films one can take home. Note that if you’re looking to support […]
Latest posts from The Film Stage