Although Kim Ji-woon delivers his actioner The Last Stand next week, we’re technically getting another Hollywood debut from a talented South Korean director this month, as Fox Searchlight is gearing up for a Sundance premiere for the latest from Oldboy helmer Park Chan-wook. We’ve seen a pair of unsettling, but fun, trailers for the dark family drama Stoker, and after an original track from Emily Wells popped online, we’ve now got our first listen at the score.
From Clint Mansell, who delivered the legendary score for The Fountain, as well as many other Darren Aronofsky projects, the track In Full Bloom is a stirring, piano-heavy piece that has us ever more intrigued at the full score. We’ve also got the full tracklist from Film Music Reporter, which places this piece towards the end of the film. With a script from Prison Break star Wentworth Miller, check it out below for the film starring Nicole Kidman, Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goode, Jacki Weaver and Dermot Mulroney.
1. I’m Not Formed By Things That Are of Myself Alone (dialogue)
2. Becomes the Color – Emily Wells
3. Happy Birthday (A Death in the Family) – Clint Mansell
4. Uncle Charlie – Clint Mansell
5. A Whistling Tune from a Lonely Man (dialogue)
6. The Hunter & the Game – Clint Mansell
7. Blossoming – Clint Mansell
8. Summer Wine – Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood
9. A Family Affair – Clint Mansell
10. Becoming… – Clint Mansell
11. Duet – Philip Glass
12. Crawford Institute (Family Secrets) – Clint Mansell
13. Stride La Vampa (Verdi) – Victoria Cortez
14. The Hunter Plays the Game – Clint Mansell
15. In Full Bloom – Clint Mansell
16. The Hunter Becomes The Game – Clint Mansell
17. We Are Not Responsible For Who We Come to Be (Free)
18. If I Ever Had a Heart – Clint Mansell & Emily Wells (Bonus Track)
After India’s (Wasikowska’s) father dies in an auto accident, her Uncle Charlie (Goode), who she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mother Evelyn (Kidman). Soon after his arrival, she comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives, but instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.
Stoker arrives on March 1st, 2013.
Certain Women is an ensemble piece that features Laura Dern, Michelle Williams, and Kristen Stewart in prominent roles, and so it’s a surprise when the runaway success may be Lily Gladstone, a relative newcomer most prominently seen in Arnaud Desplechin’s Jimmy P. and this year’s Buster’s Mal Heart — the latter of which has yet to even receive […]
Latest posts from The Film Stage