In the past two months, I think I’ve seen a trailer (any trailer) for Django Unchained more often than glimpses of my own face in a mirror. (Which is only a good thing, and in so many respects.) The numbers keep piling up, since yet another glimpse at Quentin Tarantino‘s next photoplay made its way online, this one a collection of mostly new footage peppered in with those bits many already love. God, DiCaprio just looks better and better each time something else comes in.
But you don’t need my words, so go ahead and watch the preview below (via Yahoo!):
A second new item has come in, and I’d wager it’s even more worthwhile than what’s right above. As it were, ThePlaylist nabbed a listing for Django‘s soundtrack, going to prove that Tarantino has a fascinating mixture of classical scores and new tunes up his sleeve here. Along with the requisite tracks by Ennio Morricone — he’s even composed a new one for the film, titled “Ancora Qui” — and other spaghetti western composers (the original Django theme included), we have original songs by Rick Ross and John Legend. A barn burner!
Read about the selections below:
2. DJANGO (MAIN THEME) – LUIS BACALOV, ROCKY ROBERTS
3. THE BRAYING MULE – ENNIO MORRICONE
4. IN THAT CASE, DJANGO, AFTER YOU…
5. LO CHIAMAVANO KING (HIS NAME IS KING) – LUIS BACALOV, EDDA DELL’ORSO
6. FREEDOM – ANTHONY HAMILTON & ELAYNA BOYNTON
7. FIVE-THOUSAND-DOLLAR NIGGA’S AND GUMMY MOUTH BITCHES
8. LA CORSA (2ND VERSION) – LUIS BACALOV
9. SNEAKY SCHULTZ AND THE DEMISE OF SHARP
10. I GOT A NAME – JIM CROCE
11. I GIORNI DELL’IRA – RIZ ORTOLANI
12. 100 BLACK COFFINS – RICK ROSS
13. NICARAGUA – JERRY GOLDSMITH FEATURING PAT METHENY
14. HILDI’S HOT BOX
15. SISTER SARA’S THEME – ENNIO MORRICONE
16. ANCORA QUI – ENNIO MORRICONE AND ELISA
17. UNCHAINED (THE PAYBACK/UNTOUCHABLE) – JAMES BROWN AND 2PAC
18. WHO DID THAT TO YOU? – JOHN LEGEND
19. TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG – BROTHER DEGE
20. STEPHEN THE POKER PLAYER
21. UN MONUMENTO – ENNIO MORRICONE
22. SIX SHOTS TWO GUNS
23. TRINITY (TITOLI) – ANNIBALE E I CANTORI MODERNI
Set in the South two years before the Civil War, DJANGO UNCHAINED stars Academy Award(R)-winner Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Academy Award(R)-winner Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles–dead or alive.
Django Unchained arrives on December 25th.
With this extra trailer and list of songs, are expectations for the film increasing more and more?
Every week we dive into the cream of the crop when it comes to home releases, including Blu-ray and DVDs, as well as recommended deals of the week. If we were provided screener copies, we’ll have our own write-up, but if that’s not the case, one can find official descriptions from the distributors. Check out […]
With a seemingly endless amount of streaming options — not only the titles at our disposal, but services themselves — we’ve taken it upon ourselves to highlight the titles that have recently hit the interwebs. Every week, one will be able to see the cream of the crop (or perhaps some simply interesting picks) of streaming […]
Since any New York City cinephile has a nearly suffocating wealth of theatrical options, we figured it’d be best to compile some of the more worthwhile repertory showings into one handy list. Displayed below are a few of the city’s most reliable theaters and links to screenings of their weekend offerings — films you’re not […]
Steven Knight‘s Locke, which, after a theatrical release this past spring, is now on VOD and Blu-ray as of this week, takes place entirely inside of Tom Hardy‘s BMW SUV cruising down the motor way in London. It’s a set-up the leaves much to the imagination. Ivan Locke is a concrete expert who is literally driving […]
Latest posts from Beats Per Minute