The early estimates for the weekend box office are too close to call, with The Last Exorcism barely ahead of Takers. The two debuts earned $21.3 million and $21 million respectively. With such a small margin, these two could easily switch places on a busy Sunday.
Meanwhile, action-porn The Expendables continued to earn in its third week, grossing another $9.5 million, bringing its total to $82 million, in third place. It finished just ahead of Eat Pray Love which earned another $7 million, $60.7 million total.
Inception in its 7th week finished in 7th, earning $5 million, with $270 million overall domestically. Elsewhere, Avatar: Special Edition earned another insulting $4 million for the Avatar franchise in its debut, outside of the top 10. Avatar has now earned a stupid amount of money, crossing $750m domestically.
Check out the top 10 estimates: (movie- weekend; total)
1. The Last Exorcism - $21,300,000; $21,300,000 (debut)
2. Takers - $21,000,000; $21,000,000 (debut)
3. The Expendables - $9,500,000; $82,010,000
4. Eat Pray Love – $7,000,000; $60,716,000
5. The Other Guys - $6,600,000; $99,300,000
6. Vampires Suck - $5,300,000; $27,912,000
7. Inception - $5,105,000; $270,749,000
8. Nanny McPhee Returns – $4,743,000; $17,020,000
9. The Switch- $4,658,000; $16,484,000
10. Piranha 3D- $4,308,000; $18,272,000
What did you see this weekend?
Every week we dive into the cream of the crop when it comes to home releases, including Blu-ray and DVDs, as well as recommended deals of the week. If we were provided screener copies, we’ll have our own write-up, but if that’s not the case, one can find official descriptions from the distributors. Check out [...]
Latest posts from Beats Per Minute