« All News

Ben Affleck Out of ‘Focus’ For WB; James Franco Won’t Return For ‘Planet of the Apes’ Sequel

Posted by , on December 19, 2012 at 7:07 pm 

With his directing career taking off, Ben Affleck has been a busy man as of late. So busy in fact, that he was was forced to drop out of the Glenn Ficarra and John Requa (Crazy Stupid Love) helmed con-artist film, Focus. Insiders tell Variety that his demanding schedule doesn’t seem to have room for the flick at this time and that right now he is instead focusing on writing, directing, producing and starring in the Dennis Lehane adaptation Live by Night. In addition, Affleck has will have his hands full with the awards run for his critically acclaimed Argo and perhaps a political run (we’ll see about that). Focus, which, for the time being, stars Kristen Stewart as a protégé to a seasoned con artist is set to start production this April.

In other news of actors not showing up, James Franco had been slated to play a small part in the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, but the actor recently told MTV  “My guess is I won’t be in it.“ Originally set to to be helmed by Rupert Wyatt, there was said to be small scene between his character Will Rodman and chimp co-star Caesar, but since Cloverfield director Matt Reeves has taken over from Wyatt, he hasn’t heard anything from the studio. Not to worry Franco fans, the 34-year-old actor has two complete films, five in post and one currently shooting, all said to hit the big screens sometime in 2013. With or without Franco, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is set to begin production in early March of 2013 and is slated for release on May 23rd, 2014.

Are you disappointed you won’t be seeing these two actors in the respective films?


Tags: , , ,
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow Us


News More

Trailers More
Features More
Twitter icon_twitter Follow



Banquet Media